|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Website Review (Phase I)
Request for Proposal Facilitator, Web Site Redesign (Review Phase)
One Change is an award-winning, non-profit organization based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, with campaign offices in various locations in Canada and the United States.
We currently have a series of web sites for our organization and campaigns http://www.onechange.org, http://www.onechange.org/fuel/, and http://www.projectporchlight.com -— and would like to design a new web presence for our organization and our growing list of campaigns/projects.
We are seeking a talented facilitator to lead a consultation and web site review process and help us develop an RFP for the redesign of our web presence.
The successful candidate will:
- Host a series of consultations with: 1) Internal Stakeholders: Founder & Executive Director, head office staff, campaign staff, Board of Director members, etc., and 2) External Stakeholders: volunteers, partners, funders, suppliers, key organization contacts, etc., to extract ideas, suggestions and preferences for the design, framework, content and tools to be included in the organization’s new web site;
- Review similar organizations’ web sites to extract ideas for the redevelopment of a new One Change web site;
- Conduct an on-line survey to capture the views of a broader audience;
- Deliver a report summarizing the results of the consultation process, including key themes and specific recommendations; and,
- Assist One Change in developing an RFP for the redesign of our web presence.
- Facilitation experience, including the ability to extract and summarize diverse ideas
- Experience writing clear, concise, well-organized reports
- Understanding of current Internet and intranet technology, tools and trends
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to work from office/home and visit the One Change office in Ottawa for consultations, as required
- September 28: Deadline to submit proposals
- September 29 to October 1: Candidates assessed (must be available for interview by telephone and/or face-to-face)
- October 2: Successful candidate selected and notified
- October 5 to November 6: Internal/external consultations, conduct on-line survey and other web site reviews to take place
- November 9 to November 16: Facilitator to condense consultation/review results
- November 20: Final report due to One Change
- November 27: RFP for web site redesign developed for One Change
- To be determined. Preference will also be given to candidates that have a special rate for not-for-profit organizations. In addition, One Change/Project Porchlight is a registered charitable organization in the United States and should all and/or a portion of the fees be donated, a US tax receipt will be issued.
About One Change
Our mission: One Change empowers people to believe that simple actions matter and to make smart choices that protect the environment.
With headquarters in Ottawa, the award-winning non-profit organization has campaign offices in locations throughout Canada and the United States.
One Change delivers innovative community-based social marketing campaigns aimed at encouraging people to adopt environmentally-friendly behaviours, including its flagship energy efficiency campaign - Project Porchlight. To date, almost 3 million free compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs haven been delivered by over 11,500 volunteers to residents in more than 900 cities and town across North America.
With successful campaigns recently completed in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Vermont, Project Porchlight has shifted its focus to New Jersey—where a 1 million bulb campaign is in full swing—and to Washington State—where a collaborative new campaign is in full swing.
But One Change is more than just light bulbs. One Change recently launched an innovative new pilot campaign to help drivers improve save money and fuel, protect the environment and improve safety — One Change: Fuel. The pilot campaign launched on August 20th and has just completed distribution of 13,000 free digital tire gauges and Canadian Tire coupons to Ottawa residents. For more information, please visit: http://www.onechange.org.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed proposal including a CV, report sample/s, along with a letter explaining your qualifications and interest, not later than 5:00pm on September 28, 2009, to the Director of Communications.