Peer review and quality control
Use this page for providing overall feedback for the course using the "traffic light review" framework below. (Use the wiki discussion page for feedback and comments relating to specific course pages.)
List strengths and design features which should be considered for implementation in all OERu courses.'
- Clever and creative design which enables learners to engage at their level and interest ranging from cursory interest to full engagement for summative assessment. --Mackiwg 23:37, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- Excellent exemplar of an OER course remix which has adapted an existing OER course for asynchronous delivery founded on open learning principles and practice for learning design. --Mackiwg 23:37, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
List ideas for improvement potential but not necessary to implement before the first pilot offering
- I think it would be worth the effort to re-configure the course so it can be delivered as
43 individual micro Open Online Courses (mOOCs) -- this has implications for the assessment design. (Based on analysis of the North American system I recommend that each mOOC is the equivalent of North American credit - approximately 35 to 45 notional learning hours). See comments here. --Mackiwg 03:54, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- Were possible, to incorporate reflective microblog activities or quizes to promote engagement and interactions in each of the tutotials / sub-units. --Mackiwg 03:54, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- Would be great if we could get a short video signpost for each unit as a catalyst for learning -- eg an artist reflecting on one or two of the elements or Faculty members teaching art at our OERu anchor partner institutions. Could be a nice call to action for OERu partners ;-) --Mackiwg 04:03, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- I strongly recommend that we develop assessment rubrics for our OERu assignments. This will assist with grade translation across international boundaries and provides a dimension of learner support for independent learners. AST1000 has good examples. Here are two additional examples developed for OERuCDTE. See Assignment 1.1 and Assignment 1.2 --Mackiwg 06:03, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- Add point here (remember to sign)
List elements which should be fixed before first pilot offering
- Links to internal WikiEducator pages must use the internal link syntax. Avoid using the external link syntax for internal pages.
- List general comments here (remember to sign)