Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Marketing group
The OERu minimum viable product (MVP) marketing group comprises marketing and communication professionals from partner institutes offering awards and/or assessment services for the OERu 1st year of study to be launched during 2017. The group is also open to volunteers with marketing expertise.
- Wayne Mackintosh, Director, OER Foundation
- Greg Stobb, Director of Digital Advertising and Data Analytics, Thomas Edison State University
- Lucille Gnanasihamany, Associate Vice-President, Marketing and Communications, Thompson Rivers University
- Jennifer Read, Director of Brand and Marketing, Thompson Rivers University
- Diana Skoglund, Director of Communications and Media Relations, Thompson Rivers University
- Matthew Tarzwell, Web Manager, Thompson Rivers University
- Lindsey Norris, Digital Marketing Manager, Thompson Rivers University
- Sarah Ansell, Executive Director, Marketing and Communication, Charles Sturt University
- Jennifer Galloway, Senior Marketing Manager (Digital Marketing), Charles Sturt University
- Vern Hume, Director of Brand and Marketing, Athabasca University
- Erin Hoskins, NZME, New Zealand
- Helen Nolan, Executive Director (Marketing and Student Attraction), University of Southern Queensland
- Tatiana Tomljanovic, Media Specialist, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Joanne Saunders, Executive Director, Marketing and Recruitment, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Launch date for OERu 1st year of study
- We are planning a phased launch of the OERu 1st year of study courses.
- Launch plan to be finalised at the 6th international meeting of OERu partners.
- Learning in a digital age (LiDa) will be launched as the first course during phase 1 (we anticipate an 8 week lead-up before the agreed launch date for LiDA101)
- Phase two will incorporate 3 or 4 courses (to be determined) followed by the remaining phases (courses to be determined)
- To develop a marketing strategy for the launch of the 1st year of study to support key OERu partners
Group communication tools
Existing marketing collateral for learners
- Video: OERu - World-class Open Education - (Partner branded versions with local accent sound track can produced. See for example Otago Polytechnic and USQ versions with logo channel bug, own course screenshots and branded award sequence.)
- Learner rack card - can be branded using partner institution logo.
- Course poster - can be branded using partner institution logo. Intended for communities and individuals to distribute information about OERu courses.
- Micro-course poster - - can be branded using partner institution logo. Intended for communities and individuals to distribute information about OERu courses.
- Draft MarComs guidelines for partners - Needs review and input
- youtube.com/OERuniversitas - channel (supported through Google for Non-profits program)
- Google Adwords - USD10,000 per month in kind support through Google's grants for non-profits organisations
- Mautic marketing automation engine - Can inject partner MarComs collateral into individual course announcement campaigns and general OERu newsletter.
- Historical record of media announcements
- OERu newsletter subscribers (Currently 2050 members)
- WikiEducator.org - can deploy site wide banner announcement (Current Alexa ranking - top 60K most visited website, 80K registered account holders and 6.5 million pages views during 2016)
- WikiEducator list on Google Groups (1500 subscribers)
- A number of prominent OERu community leaders have >1000 Twitter followers
- OERu partner corporate websites
OERu 1st year of study
- Certificate of General Studies, Thompson Rivers University
- Certificate of Higher Education Business, University of the Highlands and Islands.
- List of MVP courses (and links to course specification documents)
- 1st meeting, NZST (Click on link for local time.)