Designing academic volunteers international
|OERu planning portal on logic model initiatives|
|Designing Academic Volunteers International||OERu 2011.11 meeting outputs | User stories | AST1000 prototype for design of AVI | AVI Framework proposal|
Aims of the activity (longer term)
To develop a financially sustainable and scalable system for Academic Volunteers international (AVI)
Narrative description of what the AVI design activity will do
The activity of designing "Academic Volunteers International" is to develop a sustainable and scalable community ecosytem for proving a pyramid of volunteer support starting from:
- Frequently asked questions (the 80% of questions which typically are asked during each iteration of a course) and corresponding solutions to help OERu learners find the answers they are looking for;
- Scalable systems of peer-to-peer learner support which focuses on the design of courses and solutions for OERu learners to connect with each other.
- AVI facilitation which could include both generic learning support as well as content specific expertise.
- "Guru" AV's who through have achieved the highest levels of status within the AVI community and are the experts for resolving the remaining 20% of issues which are not addressed through the lower levels in the pyramid.
The AVI design activity will also:
- Develop strategies for recruiting initial volunteers for the OERu 2012 prototype courses.
- Design solutions for recruitment, how a self-selection model could operate and corresponding capacity building for digital literacies and e-moderation.
- Develop guidelines for the design of OERu courses to promote effective integration of the AVI subsystem within the learning experience.
- Commence work on infrastructure and technology support by developing usecase scenarios to assist with selecting open source software solutions and existing Internet infrastructure to support the AVI subsystem.
- Prepare the inputs and documentation necessary for prospective funding proposals to assist with addressing strategic gaps for operationalising the AVI
- Trial and early version of the AVI model/system in parallel with the OERu 2012 protoype(s) to assist with generating data for further design and refinement of the system.
- OERu 2011.11 meeting outputs for AVI
- Coordination team to develop a framework proposal: Vasi Doncheva, Coordinator (NorthTec); with support from Wayne Mackintosh (OER Foundation), Graham Bell (NMIT), Herbert Thomas (University of Canterbury).
- Staff and volunteer time for design and development of the model
- Funding for strategic development of support technologies
- Openki - platform to match volunteers with OERu courses?
|Sub-activity||Outputs||Key performance indicators|
|SCoPE AVI planning seminar||
|User stories for AVI system design||
|AST1000 prototype for design of AVI||