CollabOERate is a new global concept which aims to:
- Assist individual OER initiatives and projects to better achieve their local aims through smart international connections
- Promote the co-design and implementation of demonstrator projects which transcends individual OER project "silos" thus representing the open content equivalent of industry's "co-opetition" model, that is, where individual OER projects choose to collaborate in areas of their operation to enhance the attainment of local project objectives.
- To identify the world's best national and regional OER project concepts and to scale these internationally.
- To reduce unnecessary duplication of effort and enhance return on scarce OER financial resources.
- Share the risks associated with innovation in OER while enhancing the skills and experience of local OER practitioners.