Nouveau Tourism/Resources/Lesson Plans/Lesson Plan 1
Diploma in Applied Travel and Tourism
Course Name: Nouveau Tourism
Course Code: TT518001
Aim: Introduce paper and concepts within it.
Lecture Delivery Plan:
1.Go through wiki/assessment and blog (expectations), course duration
2. What and where is the Seattle Space Needle (city, region, country, continent) - does it have a function? What other tourism attractions are in the city? (5mins)
Class contract - ask students to explain it. (anything to be added?)
Nouveau Tourism - new - what sort of tourism is NZ most known for? - Adventure http://www.goalltheway.to/newzealand/ - market (backpackers)
3. Start on wiki - look at first paragraph explain that we must first look at past, present trends before we can predict future trends.
Go through Summary forecast (on wiki) Questions:
- 4 highest growth total percentages for inbound markets in order - can students explain why?
4. Move on through the wiki ask students to read the link for PESTEL than complete a trial PESTEL then ask students to complete on PEST analysis from the reading.
- Macro environment - PESTEL
- Micro - SWOT
5. Go to the blog and ask students to answer the question (everyone)