|Skill Development 5 (#Temporarytag)|
|Introduction_to_Equations - Graphic|
|Introduction_to_Equations||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Prerequisites: Learners need to understand the significance of balance in an equation.
Equation: a mathematical statement with two expressions, usually divided by an equal sign, that are of the same value.
1. Read the information and examples at introduction to equations.
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
1. What is the significance of the equal sign in an equation?
2. Why is it that what you do to one side of the equation, you must do to the other side?
3. Create a numerical equation.
4. Write a true, real-world sentence containing the word “equals.”
There are no corresponding problems in Khan Academy.