Life Skills Development/Decision Making
Decision making is the ability to choose a course of action from a number of options which may result in a specific outcome or involve the decision to adopt a specific behaviour path.
- Determine the question. What is the question that needs to be answered?
- Examine the choices. What are the possible choices?
- Collect Information. Weigh the choice versus consequence.
- Investigate consequences. State reasons for and against each choice.
- Decide. Make the best choice.
- Evaluate. Did you make the right decision?