Libre Knowledge Resources Development Cycle
The following is a rough sketch/outline describing a typical development cycle for libre learning/knowledge resources.
- First Find a knowledge/learning resource
- Then either Share it immediately without change, or use it (i.e. Learn with it):
- Learn with it "as is", or
- Compose a learning resource which better suits your need(s):
- Perhaps Create something completely new off the top of your head, or
- Modify the resource:
- Simply change or enhance it somehow, or
- Adapt it to your needs - e.g. by one or more of the following:
- "Localise" it - e.g. change things like dates and currencies to match local conventions (your "locale")
- Re-contextualise it - e.g. use metaphors which the relevant learner(s) can relate to, or familiar local examples which illustrate a concept rather than foreign, etc.
- Translate it into the local language(s),
- etc., and
- Perhaps combine or mix it with other resources you have composed or found (licenses permitting) (Build).
- Finally, you might like to Share the result(s) with other learners and educators, adding to the pool of Libre Learning Resources.
- The process described assumes that the resources will be used, mixed and shared in accordance with their licenses.
- "Libre Puro" is currently an idea for a possible license, but will more likely become another emblem similar to the Libre emblem -