Information Technology in Education/About ICT in Education Course
BASICS IN COMPUTER APPLICATION
- Computer and the digital world- An analysis of various applications in day to day life.
- The computers fundamentals – input-output devices, operating systems.
- Safety precaution needed in computer handling and applications; virus, and virus solutions. Problems of hardware components of very common nature, different cards, battery backup, UPS maintenance.
- Windows, MS Office and open office, editing, formatting text- track change mode conversion and transfer of text files.
- Use of MS-WORD in Education.
SLIDES, DRAWING AND ANIMATION
- Creating Presentations using MS-power Point-guidelines and Possibilities.
- Formulating text and drawing -tools and various possibilities.
- Animations and their significance in learning. Animation packages and their uses in teaching learning.
- Importing slides, drawings and animation from external sources- web and encyclopedias.
- ICT and multimedia as technology-enhanced communication devices in teaching-learning a comparative review of various learning resources.
INTEGRATING ICT WITH PEDAGOGY
- Identification of learning Experiences , learner role in learning experience .
- Preparing Material, using ICT for classroom Sessions.
- ICT aid management of learning environment – teacher and student roles and responsibilities.
- Minimal Lab facility form a school-considerations, designs and
- Integrating ICTT in a lesson plan- components and format.
MULTIMEDIA AND DIGITIAL LEARNING RESOURCES
- Key Operation-Multimedia projector, connection, configuration and various learning applications .Soft Skills in teacher and students.
- Transfer of data from Pre-Recorded External Source to computer, from Mobile, MP3 Player, and Photoshop.
- Use of Digital Camera, camcorder, video camera in creating learning experiences. Transfer of data from these.
- Creating back-up for digital data- use of CD/.DVD writer software. Elements of e-learning; e-content and e-books. Virtual classroom and virtual University-Merits and limitations. Content-Design Patterns-Script Writing-Graphics-Animation-Audio Insertation and Interactivity; Possibilities and Design Procedure.
- Concept and how it works :e-mail service, internet surfing browsers and search engines, World Wide Web(WWW), HTTP,FTP
- Locating Internet Resources. Critical examination and use of web resources in teaching learning.
- Introduction to learning management systems and on line testing.
- Open source contents like Wikipedia and Wiki Educator.
- Emerging Internet trends and technologies.
- Preparation of a hand out for students.
- Preparation of a power point presentation.
- Preparation of a lesson plan incorporating ICT
- Preparation of a learning material using internet resources.