ITP Library Managers Forum Resources
UCOL Discovery Service Project report
Part of the work Tom Pasley at UCOL has done is looking at the literature, during which he found the "Library Technology Reports" from January 2011. Written by Jason Vaughan, it looks at Summon, WorldCat Local, EBSCO Discovery, and Primo. It has a great section about questions to ask, and best of all, is available on EBSCOhost's Academic Search ... you really want to get the whole "Web Scale Discovery" issue, which is 47(1):
These links are unproxied, so will only work from an IP authenticated site to Academic Search Premier. Let me know if you need links to other versions of Academic Search, and I can add those too.
- Chapter 1: Web Scale Discovery What and Why?
- Chapter 2: OCLC WorldCat Local
- Chapter 3: Serials Solutions Summon
- Chapter 4: Ebsco Discovery Services
- Chapter 5: Ex Libris Primo Central
- Chapter 6: Differentiators and A Final Note
- Chapter 7: Questions to Consider
- Chapter 8: For More Information
I've added my questionnaire, which I've largely pilfered from Chapter 7, which is ready enough. I'm going to ask EBSCO to complete the questionnaire, because we have a large number of databases, including CINAHL (a significant resource for UCOL).