Think Tank agenda
To facilitate a productive think tank we have adopted guidelines for engagement and these are specified as parked issues. Other than questions of clarity, the following topical issues appertaining to the OER movement will not be discussed at this think tank:
- The debate on free content licensing with reference to nuances of opinion on what constitutes a "free" content resource. For the purposes of this think tank we will subscribe to the Free Cultural Works Definition when referring to OERs;
- Discussions on preferred software tools for OER content production and delivery. Where possible, we will promote the notion of open standards and interoperability of digital content, rather than personal preferences for software.
This is not intended to denounce the strategic importance of these topical issues. New Zealand will need to address these concerns at a later stage when developing strategies for implementation but they are the kinds of discussions that will hinder our progress taking into account a tight agenda.
This agenda will evolve dynamically using the wiki way. Based on feedback so far, here is the proposed agenda:
This activity involves speaking personally with each participant prior to the start of the Think Tank – to gain their thoughts and perspectives, and any feedback regarding the DRAFT Agenda. The Commonwealth of Learning team will assist in contacting all nominated participants via skype, telephone or email prior to the start of the Think Tank and document the feedback.
Getting started -- the groundwork
Engagement phase, ongoing
|13:00 - 13:30||Plenary report back on the value proposition||Bronwyn Hegarty|
|13:30 - 14:30||What are we going to do and how will we do it?
Developing a Draft Plan of Action: Identifying the action steps
|Categorized group work:
|14:30 - 15:00||Plenary report back and discussion||Leigh Blackall|
|15:00 - 15:15||Comfort check
||Dr Robin Day|
|15:15 - 15:30||Afternoon refreshments|
|15:30 - 16:00||What are the milestones?
When should they be achieved? Who will help?
|Facilitated group reflection|
|16:00 - 16:30||
||Dr Robin Day and Terry Marler|
What can Wikieducator do?
|16:45 - 18:00||WikiEducator: Nuts and bolts session for participants interested in technology related issues.||Dr Wayne Mackintosh, Jim Tittsler and Brent Simpson|
Value proposition for a NZ national OER collaboration
- Licensing needs to be appropriate to allow sharing.
- ↑ http://wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator_version_one/Introduction
- ↑ http://wikieducator.org/Archbiship_Emeritus_Desmond_Tutu_on_the_importance_of_freedom
- ↑ http://www.capetowndeclaration.org
- ↑ http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/Online_schedule/eL4C8/OER:_A_return_to_academic_tradition
- ↑ http://wikieducator.org/Heywire8_Think_Tank/Resources
- ↑ http://wikieducator.org/Heywire8_Think_Tank/Participants