HIV Treatment Literacy/Resources
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
(: Gurmit, this info would be great in a table - I don't have time this week to show you how....ping me next week --Randy Fisher 15:33, 7 November 2008 (UTC))
|AIDS 2006 Toronto||UNAIDS||AIDS|
|AIDS 2008 Mexico||AIDSMAP||Field 9|
Selected HIV/AIDS Websites
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/
AIDS, a partnership of UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA, UNDCP, ILO, UNESCO, WHO, World Bank.
- Produced by NAM in collaboration with
British HIV Association and International HIV/ AIDS Alliance.
- An online library containing HIV/AIDSrelated
- International AIDS Economic Network: data,
tools, and analysis for a compassionate, cost-effective response to the global epidemic.
- Johns Hopkins University AIDS Service.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of
- Guide to all NIH HIV/AIDS-related activities
- Joint WHO-UNAIDS HIV Vaccine Initiative.
- World Health Organization Department of
- Reproductive Health Outlook, produced by
- United States Agency for International Aid,
Department of Global Health Program for HIV/AIDS.
- Population Council’s Horizons Program.
- AIDS Education Global Information System.
- United Nations Development Programme,
- Comprehensive, current information on HIV
treatment, prevention, and policy from the University of California–San Francisco (UCSF).
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies at UCSF.
- Harvard AIDS Institute is dedicated to conducting
and catalyzing research to end the worldwide AIDS epidemic.
- Journal of the American Medical Association
HIV/AIDS Resource Center; includes in-depth reports, an online library, and treatment guidelines.
- AIDS Education Training Centers, National
- Provides an easily accessible comprehensive
source of information on HIV/AIDS indicators derived from sample surveys; allows the user to produce tables for specific countries by selected background characteristics.
Community radio and non-formal education
- Community radio can be a powerful medium for non-formal education. This short guide introduces the possibilities, looks at the strengths and weaknesses of the medium, and gives tips on getting started.