We are grateful to all who contributed to this document and, in particular, to:
- Sir John Daniel, President of the Commonwealth of Learning and Ms Stamenka Uvalic-Trumbic, Former Chief, Section for Higher Education, UNESCO, who championed this initiative;
- Mr Neil Butcher, OER Strategist, OER Africa/South African Institute for Distance Education, Ms Jenny Glennie, Director, South African Institute for Distance Education, and Ms Catherine Ngugi, Project Director, OER Africa, for preparing drafts of these Guidelines;
- Members of the Expert Group for guidance in their specialised subject areas;
- Participants in the workshops, online forums and policy forum that were part of the ‘Taking OER beyond the OER Community: Policy and Capacity’ initiative;
- All who submitted comments on this document; and
- Ms Trudi van Wyk, Education Specialist eLearning, Commonwealth of Learning, and Ms Zeynep Varoglu, Programme Specialist, UNESCO, who managed the ‘Taking OER beyond the OER Community: Policy and Capacity’ initiative from its inception in 2010.