Benefits of LMS
|Introduction to Learning Management Systems|
|What is a Learning Management System (LMS) and why use it?||Objectives | What is a LMS? | Benefits of using a LMS | Summary|
We have already established that online learning can introduce flexibility into the learning space, and that asynchronous discussion in a LMS can offer space and time for students to put together their ideas in a safe environment. But what other benefits can a LMS offer? Perhaps jot down your initial thoughts and then read the list here to see if you agree with the suggestions.
- Some of the benefits of using a LMS for teaching
- Easy and rapid communication with students.
- Availability of course materials and resources, including links to useful websites.
- Accessibility to learning from any location.
- Opportunities for students to collaborate and participate in discussion.
- Discussions can be captured, tracked and stored for future reference.
- Many student contributions, such as forum postings, can be graded and these gradings can be stored and collated.
- Assignments can be submitted using the LMS.
- Marks or grades can be stored in a gradebook.
- Other assessments, such as quizzes, can be completed online.
- Surveys (e.g., student evaluations) can be completed using the LMS.
- LMS functions enable rapid feedback to sutdents.
- Student activity can be monitored and reported on using the LMS (learning analytics).