Foundation Skills/Welcome and course introduction/Course outline
|Welcome and course introduction||Introduction | Course outline | Your expectations | Personal learning plan | Resources | Summary|
The Foundation Skills course consists of ten main areas of learning in addition to the first introductory unit:
- Unit 1: Principles of adult tertiary education.
- Unit 2: Learning styles and preferences.
- Unit 3: Teaching approaches that support learner-centred education.
- Unit 4: Developing and using basic teaching resources and equipment.
- Unit 5: Session/learning sequencing and delivery.
- Unit 6: Lecturer self-evaluation.
- Unit 7: Introduction to learning management systems.
- Unit 8: Basics of assessment – principles and tools.
- Unit 9: Introduction to open education resources and practices.
- Unit 10: Basics of pastoral care.
Full details can be found in the Course Outline.