Draft objectives for unit
Draft objectives for "Open Says Me" Workshop
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Define and differentiate use of the word "open" in a number of labels related to distance education and online learning.
- Describe pros and cons of "open" and "closed" as applied to each of the labels
(: You can generate numbered lists using the hash sign as illustrated above --Wayne Mackintosh 03:17, 5 July 2008 (UTC))
3. Describe where applications such as Wikipedia, WikiEducator,Open Courseware (MIT), Open Educational Resources, Sourceforce etc. came from
4. Analyze other critical aspects associated with creating access to quality distance education and online learning including 1) collaboration; 2) learning community; 3) primary sourcing of information; 4)the commons; 5) intellectual property; 6) business models; 7) government relationships; 8) privacy; and 9) private sector relationships
5. Map promising personal and professional directions for their own work based on promises and perils of the "muddy opens"