Managing your time - introduction
Time – it is the only commodity that is democratically distributed: we all have 168 hours in a week. We cannot get more time, but we can plan how we use it.
As a student, you will find there are a lot of demands made on your time. It is therefore important to know how much time you can give to your studies, and how to control the way you use it.
The following learning modules will help you to develop your understanding of time management and your ability to effectively manage your time.
- How much time will your studies take?
- Planning your time
- Using a wall planner, diary and to do list
- Overcoming procrastination
- Summary of time management principles
- Reflect on time management
- Time management case study
- Marc Doesburg, Otago Polytechnic, 2006
- David McQuillan, Otago Polytechnic, 2007, 2008, 2009