Develop academic skills for tertiary study/Activity Sheet - Approaches to Learning
In this learning module, you will explore different methods to make your learning process more effective.
Explore approaches to learning
There are 9 activities to explore as part of this learning module.
- Active learning: Read this page on how to be more active in your learning
- Reading Skills: Run through this online tutorial courtesy of RMIT University.
- Answer questions 1-4 in Assessment Task 5.
- Note taking skills: Complete this online tutorial courtesy of RMIT University.
- Answer questions 5 & 6 in Assessment Task 5.
- Study Groups: Work through this page on making use of study groups
- Memorisation techniques: Work through this page on memorisation techniques
- Exam revision and preparation: Complete this online tutorial courtesy of RMIT University
- Answer questions 11 & 12 in your assessment
- Adult education: How to be an active learner.
- California Polytechnic - Memorization
- Memory and related Learning Principles
- Improving Memory
- Mind Tools