Destination (Generic)/Resources/Lesson 1
Introduce self and course aim
- Outline the project - magazine and blog
- Lecture - Introduce 'The 5 tenets of cooperative learning' outlining contract, clear goals structure
- Team building exercise (weekly) - Adjective naming game, Winning wheel; favourite sport, animal, country, person, food, hobby activity 10 in 'Training games'
- Vak learning style assessment
- General knowledge quiz (weekly)
- Introduce the United Kingdom Geographic location
- Set up blog/private facebook page
Team chosen through: Diagnostic Assessment - based on students pre-knowledge and skills (assumed and proven) - Vak, personality styles and observation.
Task: These are the teams for the project. Your tasks for today and during the week, will be to:
- compile a set of guidelines outlining how your team will operate (contract) - what responsibilities team members have (not their tasks)
- when you will meet, how often and responsiblility for recording collaboration on team blog (which you will create) for feedback from tutor
- look at each persons strengths and assign tasks eg. journalists and researchers, project management committee, design and advertising, look at project planning (supporting resources) start a time line for project - you may want to put this on a graph (spreadsheet) it will be the most important tool of your project
- each team member - write a paragraph describing the job you have been given and post it to your team blog
- team bonding - the success of your project work will depend on good bonding (do something social together and get to know each other better)
Students to bring UK resource to class ( see dates in table) each week to share with class: Helen - crop circles - stone circles (stonehenge)
Each student to produce a feature article for the magazine - more on this later in the course.