Coach adult learners
People credited with this unit standard are able to prepare, conduct coaching sessions, and review coaching of adult learners.
This unit is used in the following courses:
Prepare for coaching adult learners
- Current level of learner competency, expected outcomes, and intended coaching timeframes are determined.
- Outcomes are agreed between coach and stakeholders.
Range: stakeholders include the learner and may include - supervisor, management.
- Coaching schedule is negotiated to meet agreed outcomes.
Range: timeframes, venue(s), planned stages of development, resources.
- Review criteria are established and documented in accordance with organisation policies and procedures.
Conduct coaching sessions for adults
- Coaching practice includes evidence of use of observation, eliciting and giving feedback, motivation, analysis, and time management.
- Coaching methods are tailored to meet individual needs, develop individual potential, and to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Progress is documented, monitored, and refinements to schedule agreed between coach and learners.
- Stakeholder feedback on process and achievement of outcomes is sought and analysed against review criteria.
- Self-review includes identification of possible areas for future refinement.
- coaching for the purposes of this unit standard is guiding the development of adult learners in skills, knowledge and attitudes; organisation policies and procedures refer to any provider, client organisation or standards setting body’s documentation or reporting requirements.