Chemicals test yourself
1. What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?
2. What is the chemical name for baking soda? And its formula?
3. Write the equation for carbonic acid splitting into water and carbon dioxide.
4. A solution of table salt in water is an example of an electrolyte.
- What ions are present in this solution?
5. What element is always present in proteins but not usually in fats or carbohydrates?
6. List three differences between glucose and glycogen.
7. Which will provide you with the most energy – one gram of sugar or one gram of butter? See next page for answers