Category:Necessary Lifestyle Adjustments with Your Catheter
You have a special catheter that must be carefully protected because the end of the catheter is near your heart. Activities that are prohibited while you have the catheter include:
- Swimming and other water activities
- Lifiting heavy weights or objects
- Activities that cause profuse sweating that could loosen your dressing and allow for movement of the catheter.
- Using sharp objects near your PICC line, including scissors.
- Using chemicals that could damage your PICC line, such as nail polish remover or pain thinner.
- Allowing pets to scratch or chew on your PICC line.
Do not hesitate to discuss any lifestyle activity questions you may have with your nurse or physician.
This category currently contains no pages or media.