Using the Computer and Managing Files
Welcome to Module 2 Using the Computer and Managing Files.
|In this module you will be introduced to Ubuntu Linux Operating System version 8.04 LTS with Gnome desktop environment.
Upon completion of this module students will be able to
- Use the main features of the operating system including adjusting the main computer settings and using built-in help features.
- Operate effectively around the computer desktop and work effectively in a graphical user environment.
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organize files and folders so that they are easy to identify and find.
- Use utility software to compress and extract large files and use anti-virus software to protect against computer viruses.
- Demonstrate the ability to use simple text editing and print tolls available within the operating system.
Module Topics - will be deleted when information transferred please ignore
- Based on the previous version of the guide, based on Ubuntu Linux Version 7.04
About this Module
Module 2: Using the Computer and Managing Files
- Attribution: OpenICDL with link to the project.
- Authors: Indira Gandhi National Open University/Prof. Uma Kanjilal and Dr. Pankaj Khare
- Software: Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS with Gnome Desktop
- License: Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license