Albany Senior High School/Recipes/Chocolate self saucing pudding
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- thick cream and berries, to serve
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
2. Combine butter, milk and egg in a jug. Slowly add to flour mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth. Spoon into baking dish. Smooth top.
3. Make sauce: Sprinkle combined sugar and cocoa over pudding.
4. Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. Place dish onto a baking tray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre. Serve hot with cream and berries.
Hint: Pouring the boiling water over a spoon prevents the water from disturbing the sugar mixture too much.
-For an adult twist on this pudding, try reducing milk to 1/3 cup and adding 2 tablespoons of Kahlua to the pudding mixture in step 2.
-To reheat leftovers, spoon into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Heat for 2 to 4 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power.