|Open content licensing for educators is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for educators who want to learn more about open education resources, copyright, and creative commons licenses. This course will help you to:
- Reflect on the practice of sharing knowledge in education and the permissions educators consider fair and reasonable;
- Define what constitutes an open educational resource (OER);
- Explain how international copyright functions in a digital world;
- Distinguish the types of Creative Commons licenses and explain how they support open education approaches;
- Acquire the prerequisite knowledge required by educators to legally remix OER and help institutions to take informed decisions about open content licenses;
- Use social media technologies to support your learning;
- Connect with educators around the world to share thoughts and experiences in relation to copyright, OER and Creative Commons.