Welcome to Yoga Class
- Overview - what to expect, objectives - what you will learn
- Yoga Style - gentle, mindful, accessible
- About Yogi Randy - facilitator, supportive, in teacher training (200) hours
- Washrooms, Parking, other logistics
- Equipment (i.e., mats, blankets, props, supports, bolsters, belts)
- How are people feeling? (i.e., energized, stressed, anxious, tired, happy, sad, neutral)
- Injuries, areas of sensitivity or concern - share past injuries
- Class - go with the flow
- Self - be gentle on yourself - our bodies and minds are different, and have different levels of mobility and flexibility.
- you may notice that your mind starts to wander -
- breath - be aware
- yoga is far more than the moves, postures - integration, body mind spirit
Waky, Waky, Waky
- Notice how your body feels
- Gentle tapping, slapping of body - up and down, all around...
- Notice how you feel -
Heart and Belly Caring
- Left Hand on Heart, Right Hand on Belly
- Breathe in through nostrils (if you can), and out
- Feel your belly rise, chest expand - feel your hear warm
- Notice how you're feeling
- Hear, Listen to your breath...feel the tenderness, and connection - reconnection to your body
- Flow of oxygen, blood, and energy
Prayer & Gratitude
- Bring your hands together, to center - in a prayer pose - spread your fingers - relaxed
- Create some tension - as if the hand was a sun, and the fingers radiated energy outwards....
Experience Mindfulness A. Breathe one thing IN (from the practice) B. Breathe one thing OUT
Acknowledge the many feelings, concerns - coming in and out...
Focus on the breadth - form of energy - prana
- music, voice, chimes, birds