Wiki Productivity Pattern - One browser
How I organized my web browser for development of the OER Handbook.
Only one browser was used (typically Firefox 2, later Firefox 3)
Tab 1: E-mail
Tab 2: OER Handbook main page
Tab 3: page being edited
Tab 4: another page being referenced
Tabs 5-12: Pages external to WikiEducator for research purposes.
Useful Firefox extensions
Taboo: Stores pages with a small thumbnail. Useful when you want to save a page, but don't want to bookmark it.
Zotero: I didn't use it for citation purposes until the very end, but users can export any collection as a "Wikipedia Citation Templates," which presumably are simply citations formatted with mediawiki markup.
Other tools used
- Respond to any e-mails regarding the project.
- Solicit contributors via e-mail.
- Add new content to the handbook.
- Review existing content and improve.
- Check watchlist
- Compare current/prev versions of pages to analyze contributions.
- Add any applicable items to the issue tracker.
- Work on any high-priority issues
- Work on open issues in issue tracker