Web 2.0 Content/Learning Objectives
Using the Treasure Hunt form provided, the participant will be able to:
- Name 2 of the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) 6 Aims for Improvement
- List 2 reasons why a systematic, consistent strategy such as a surgical checklist can improve safety and quality of care
- Name 4 web resources with information for improving patient care
- Define “systems issues” in the context of healthcare.
- Provide your definition of “bottom-up change”
- Recall on error you were involved in or aware of in the past, then: List 2 systems factors that might have contributed to that error or List 2 changes you would make not to prevent others from making a similar error
- Name 1 benefit of providing feedback to staff and managers who report errors and near misses.
- Provide feedback to WikiEducator page creator with suggestions for improvement of this course.