Children learn to:
1. Show confidence and skill in using available technologies for every day and special purposes e.g. communications technology, computing, food preparation, woodwork, metalwork, sewing etc.
2. Understand and utilise processes of design, construction and testing of technology.
3. Recognise the uses of technology in the world around them, and know about the impact of technology on people’s lives.
4. Investigate various material and evaluate their suitability for particular uses.
5. Using hands on experience, design, construct and evaluate solutions to a variety of practical needs, using problem solving strategies.