Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/Staff Trustee Role Description Policy
Staff Trustee Role Description Policy The staff trustee fulfils legislative requirements relating to board composition. The role of the staff/student trustee is to bring a staff/student perspective to board decision making.
As a trustee the staff/student trustee has an obligation to serve the broader interests of the school and its students and has equal voice, vote, standing and accountabilities as all other trustees.
Staff Trustee accountability measure
- 1. To work within the board’s Charter
- 1.1 The Charter is obviously considered in board decisions
- 2. To abide by the board’s governance and operational policies
- 2.1 The staff/student trustee has a copy of the Governance Manual and is familiar with all board policies
- 3. The staff/student trustee is first and foremost a trustee and must act in the best interests of the students at the school at all times.
- 3.1 The staff/student trustee is not a staff/student advocate
- 3.2 The staff/student trustee does not bring staff/student concerns to the board
- 4. The staff/student trustee is bound by the Trustee Code of Behaviour 4.1 The staff/student trustee acts within the code of behaviour
- 5. It is not expected that the staff trustee act as a union delegate
- 5.1 The staff trustee does not bring staff issues to the board
- 6. It is not necessary for the staff/student trustee to prepare a verbal or written report for the board unless specifically requested to from the board
- 6.1 No regular reports received unless a request has been made by the board on a specific topic.
Review schedule: 3 yearly