- Is responsible for the links between the Board and the school staff.
- To express the views and decisions of the staff to the board.
- To communicate the decisions and direction of the Board to the staff.
- Guides these policies and procedures:
- Assessment Reporting
- The Staff trustee reports the views of the staff on issues under discussion (agenda items), and reports to staff on decisions of the Board.
- The staff representative must ensure that there are ‘no surprises’ at board meetings.
- The relationship between staff trustee and principal is very important.
- The staff trustee is bound by the same principles as all the other trustees.