Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/Relief Teaching Supply Staffing
RELIEF TEACHER SUPPLY/STAFFING
- To ensure there are sufficient registered teachers at the school to maintain the agreed staffing establishment.
- 1. A relief teacher is employed when a teacher is on leave or is absent for any reason.
- 2. Preference will be given to available registered relievers.
- 3. If no registered teachers are available, persons with Registration Board ‘Limited Authority to Teach’ will be considered.
- 4. A person who is neither registered nor has limited authority may be employed for a maximum of 10 days and under the agreed supervision of a registered teacher.
- 5. In the case of no reliever the Principal will decide whether to redistribute pupils to other classrooms or arrange supervision by a responsible adult.
- 6. The Chairperson of the Board, MOE, NZEI, and NZSTA will be notified.
- 7. If this situation continues beyond one day, parents will be asked to keep children at home.
- 8. All Parents will be notified of the reasons for staffing difficulties and the arrangements the school has put in place.
- 9. No child will be kept at home for more than 5 days. (Education Act 1989)
- 10. If staffing problems escalate where the continued operation of the school is unsafe, the Chairperson and Principal will close the school and inform the Ministry.
- 11. The Board will endeavour to re-establish sale staffing levels as soon as possible.
- 1. This procedure will be reviewed according to the Board’s self review timetable.
- 2. Both the current version of the procedure and any proposed revisions to this policy will be made available to staff, parents or other interested parties, for comment and review.
- 3. The board will make its review report available to parents and staff.