Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/Planning, Assessment and Self Review Policy
Warrington School Planning, Assessment and Self Review Policy
| National Administration Guideline 2
Each board of trustees with the principal and teaching staff is required to:
| Our commitment:
The Warrington School board of trustees ensures our teaching and learning programmes are appropriate and effective at meeting the needs of all our students.
1. Charter and Strategic Plan
- 1.1. The board of trustees, together with the staff and the school community, develops and maintains:
- 1.1.1. a charter outlining the characteristics of the school, including its mission, vision, core beliefs and values, and obligations;
- 1.1.2. a strategic plan outlining how the school intends to work towards its vision, while fulfilling its mission and meeting other obligations;
- 1.1.3. current and medium term goals for student achievement;
- 1.1.4. objectives for school capability development.
2. Monitoring, reporting and self review
- 2.1. The principal and teaching staff monitor and evaluate the achievements of individual students, and regularly report progress against goals to the students and their parents/caregivers.
- 2.2. The board of trustees and senior management evaluate progress towards strategic goals and school capability objectives regularly, looking for areas that require special attention, and implementing measures to deal with them.
- 2.3. The board reviews the school’s Charter and Strategic Plan annually.
- 2.4. The board evaluates the achievements, and reports to the community on the progress of:
- 2.4.1. groups that are not achieving, at risk of not achieving, or those who have special needs;
- 2.4.2. Maori students;
- 2.4.3. students as a whole;
- 2.4.4. Warrington School’s strategic goals and school capability objectives.
- 2.5. The board considers the achievement levels of the target groups specified above, as well as students as a whole, whenever Warrington School’s plans, policies and programmes are reviewed.
3. School policies and procedures
- 3.1. The board of trustees establishes and maintains policies to guide the operation of the school in its pursuit of the National Education Goals and the objectives outlined in the Warrington School Strategic Plan & Charter.
- 3.2. The principal establishes and maintains management procedures that give effect to the board’s policies and other obligations.
- 3.3. The principal tables copies of any additions, deletions, or alterations made to the school’s management procedures at the board of trustees’ meeting immediately following the date the changes are made.
- 3.4. Warrington School policies and procedures are reviewed at least once every two years.
Related Policies and Procedures related to NAG 2 (Planning, Assessment and Self Review)
- Governance Policy
- Management unit
--RachelO 03:01, 17 December 2010 (UTC)