Equal Employment Opportunities Officer
- Is responsible for all employment related matters.
- To oversee the Equal Employment Opportunities programme within the school.
- To oversee the employment of staff that meets the criteria of all awards and employment agreements.
- Guides these policies and procedures:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Health and safety in the workplace
- To act as liaison for staff in the event of grievances concerning:
- - access to career training and development.
- - disabilities in the workplace.
- - harassment, sexual or otherwise.
- - childcare or eldercare.
- - fairness in job evaluation.
- - promotion.
- - discrimination of any kind etc.
- To inform the Board of Trustees of its responsibilities with respect to the above issues.
- To develop and implement annual EEO programme possibly addressing issues such as:
- - reviewing EEO related policies (recruitment and selection, promotion and career development, staff training and development, conditions of service, harassment).
- - EEO database.
- - staff consultation and education in EEO.
- - monitoring EEO status and progress.
- To develop new policies and initiatives aimed at making the school a better EEO employer.