Dr.VishwasTripathi, Registrar, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida Gautam Budh Nagar, U.P., PIN-201312, India Phone -91-120-2344211 (O) (M)- 8826506533 Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: PhD in Biotechnology
PRESENT POSITION: Registrar, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, UP since Dec 2020.
POSITIONS HELD: Assistant Professor, School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, U.P. 2006-2009: Senior Research Fellow- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi 2005-2006: Junior Research Fellow- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi 2004-2005: Junior Research Fellow-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (I.G.I.B), New Delhi
THESIS SUPERVISION AT PhD LEVEL: Total-4 (2 awarded & 2 ongoing)
1) Chetana Agarwal – PhD Degree (Awarded)
Topic- Topic: “Interaction between Spodopteralitura and Chitinolyticentomopathogen: Factors affecting pathogenesis”
2) Anjana Singh – PhD Degree (Awarded)
Topic: “Screening, Identification and Molecular mechanism of potent anticancer natural compound and its synergistic effect with cisplatin in smokeless tobacco and nicotine induced human Head and Neck cancer cells” 3) Yamini Pathak – PhD Ongoing 4) Amaresh Mishra- PhD Ongoing
THESIS SUPERVISION AT POSTGRADUATE LEVEL:
Supervised- 20MSc./M.Tech students for major project dissertation work 22 for minor review work
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES HELD:
Registrar: Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida (Present position) Proctor: Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida Assistant Registrar (Administration)
RESEARCH AREA: Microbial Immunology, cell signalling & Cancer Biology
SUMMARY OF RESEARCH WORK DONE DURING PhD:
Topic: “RDC1 (A co-receptor of HIV-1) expression and signaling mechanism in the human placenta and its possible implications” During my research work at AIIMS, New Delhi, I identified the differential expression of one of the novel co-receptor of HIV in the Human placenta, called RDC1/CXCR7. We investigated the expression of RDC1/CXCR7 (A chemokine receptor) in the early and late stages of the human placenta. Our study reported for the first time that the expression of RDC1/CXCR7 increases at the later stage of the human placenta which a crucial stage for the vertical transmission of HIV-1. Further, we also reported that this receptor (CXCR7) signals through the CXCL12/SDF-1 in the human placental cells and activates different cell survival pathways. This effect of SDF-1-CXCR7 signaling was independent of CXCL12-CXCR4 interaction. This breakthrough opened a new question about the previously proposed exclusive role of CXCL12-CXCR4 in the growth and development of the human placenta. To sum up, we reported for the first time, the differential expression of CXCR7 and elucidated the signaling pathways triggered by the SDF-1-CXCR7 interaction in the Human placenta. (Publication- Tripathiet al, 2009, Journal of Clinical immunology, Impact Factor-6.7) SPONSORED RESEARCH GRANTS / PROJECTS:
1. DBT-BIRAC sponsored research project on “Development of Isothermal-PCR and CRISPR-Cas12 based rapid and portable coronavirus SARSCoV-2-COVID-19 detection kit"(50 lakhs, Co-PI)-(Ongoing). 2. “COVID-19 health awareness program among the top five red zone districts of western Uttar Pradesh” submitted to DST (1750000/- As main-PI) – (Ongoing) 3. DST sponsored research project on “Molecular mechanisms of anti-cancer effect of Crocetin and its synergistic effect with Cisplatin in Smokeless Tobacco & Nicotine induced Head and Neck Cancer Cells” (22 lakhs, Granted, As Main PI)- (Completed). 4. DBT (Department of Biotechnology), India sponsored research project on“Isolation and characterization of anti-tubercular principle from contaminating bacterial strain”(29.74 lakhs, Granted (As Co-PI) (Completed). 5. “Development of nanoemulsion for the sterilization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Nigella sativa volatile oil (Active constituents)”. Ayush, Govt of India. (Submitted as Co-PI) 6. Screening, target identification and elucidation of molecular mechanisms of potent anticancer dietary phytochemicals in oral cancer stem cells. Submitted to DHR, Govt of India, (As main PI- 43 lakhs)
• Outstanding Researcher Award in Clinical Research (IACMCON-2019) by Indian Association of Clinical Medicine (IACM) • Keystone Symposia scholarship (Through),National Institutes of Health, Office of AIDS Research • Published first report about the differential expression of a novel co-receptor of HIV in the Human Placenta • CSIR/UGC- NET - Junior Research Fellowship • CSIR/UGC-Senior Research Fellowship • Qualified-GATE-2002 conducted by IISc, Bangalore
• Member- Editorial Board 1. International Journal of Cell Biology and Cellular Processes 2. International Journal of Biochemistry and Biomolecules 3. International Journal of Molecular Biotechnology
• Member (Jr) - European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI, International Organization)
• Co-Chair- Organizing Committee, 3rd International conference in Nanotechnology for Instrumentation & Measurement Workshops scheduled to be held on 16-17th Nov, 2017 at GBU, Greater Noida.
• Toor D, Jain A, Kalhan S, Manocha H, Sharma VK, Jain P, Tripathi V, Prakash H. Tempering Macrophage plasticity for controlling SARS-CoV-2 infection in COVID 19 patients. Frontiers in Pharmacology.doi: 10.3389/fphar.2020.570698,Aug,2020 • Roy R.K, Yadav R, Jain A, Tripathi V, Jain M, Singh S, Prakash H. Yin and yang of immunological memory in controlling infections: Overriding self defence mechanisms. Int Rev Immunol, 2021 Apr 19;1-12. PMID: 33872093: DOI: 10.1080/08830185.2021.1912037 (Online ahead of print). • Aggarwal C, Paul S, Nain V, Tripathi V, Paul B, Aslam Khan M. Comparative response of Spodoptera litura challenged per os with Serratia marcescens strains differing in virulence. J Invert. Pathol. 2021 Feb 27;183:107562. doi: 10.1016/j.jip.2021.107562. Online ahead of print.PMID: 33652013 • Pathak Y, Mishra A, Choudhir G, Kumar A, Tripathi V. Rifampicin and Letermovir as potential repurposed drug candidate for COVID-19 treatment: insights from an in-silico study. Pharmacological Reports. 2021 May 10:1-3. • Mishra A, Pathak Y, Kumar A, Mishra SK, Tripathi V. Natural compounds as potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 main protease: An in-silico study. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2021 Apr 1;11(4):155. • Tripathi V, Mishra A, Aggarwal M, Sharma D. Role of Yoga, Meditation and dietary Vitamin D on psychological and physiological health. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine. 2021 Feb 15;7(8):5338-48. • Ali S, Singh V, Jain P, Tripathi V. Synthesis, antibacterial, anticancer and molecular docking studies of macrocyclic metal complexes of dihydrazide and diketone. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2019, 23 (1) 52-60. • Singh A, Chauhan S. S, Tripathi V. Quinic Acid Attenuates Oral Cancer Cell Proliferation by Down-regulating Cyclin D1 Expression and AktSignaling. PharmacognosyMgazine, 2018,(14):55,14-19 • Hussain MS, Tripathi V. Smoking under hypoxic conditions: a potent environmental risk factor for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.Military Medical Research 2018, 5(1):11. doi: PMID: 29598831 • Jain P, Singh V, Ali S, Tripathi V, Saraswat U. Synthesis, characterization, molecular docking and biological activity of 5,6-bis-(4-fluoro-phenyl)-3,4,7,8-tetraaza-bicyclo [8.3.1] tetradeca-1(13),4,6,10 (14),11-pentaene-2,9-dione and its transition metal complexes. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2018, 22(5):546-557 • Tripathi V, Singh A, Ashraf M T. Avenanthramides of Oats: Medicinal Importance and Future Perspectives. Pharmacognosy review. 2018, 12 (23) 66-71 • Singh A, Tripathi V. Effect of Trans-ferulic acid on oral squamous carcinoma cells. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2018,7(1), 1955-58. • Aggarwal C, Paul S, Tripathi V, Paul B, Khan MA. Characterization of putative virulence factors of Serratiamarcescens strain SEN for pathogenesis in Spodopteralitura.J Invertebrate Pathol. 2017, 143:115-123. • Aggarwal C, Paul S, Tripathi V, Paul B, Khan MA. Chitinolytic activity in Serratiamarcescens (strain SEN) and potency against different larval instars of Spodopteralitura with effect of sublethal doses on insect development. Bio Control. 2015, 60(5) 631-640.
• Aggarwal C, Paul S, Tripathi V, Paul B, Khan MA. Chitinase producing Serratiamarcescens for biocontrol of Spodopteralitura (Fab) and studies on its chitinolytic activities. Ann. Agric. res. New series. 2015, 36 (2):132-137.
• Tripathi V, Kumar R, Dinda AK, Kaur J, Luthra K.CXCL12-CXCR7 Signaling Activates ERK and Akt Pathways in Human Choriocarcinoma Cells.Cell Communication. Adhesion. 2014, 21(4):221-228.
• Kumar R, Tripathi V, Ahmad M, Nath N, Mir RA, Chauhan SS, Luthra K.CXCR7 mediated Giα independent activation of ERK and Akt promotes cell survival and chemotaxis in T cells. Cell Immunol.2012, 272 (2):230-41.
• Khurana N, Singh R, Singh A, Tripathi V. Piperine induces down regulation of BCL2 and upregulation of BAD in smokeless tobacco induced Human oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC4). Int. Jr of Bio-Tech. and Res.2014 4(2): 7- 14
• Uniyal S & Tripathi V* Current insights into preeclampsia and future strategies. Int Journal of Bio & Pharma. Research. 2012, 3(3): 297-307 *(Equal authorship)
• Gupta LK & Tripathi V*, Chemokine receptors in HIV infection”. Int. Jr. Pharmcy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4:(3) 69-72, (2012).*(Equal authorship)
• Malhotra N, Karmakar D, Tripathi V, Luthra K, Kumar S. Correlation of angiogenic cytokines-leptin and IL-8 in stage, type and presentation of endometriosis. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2012; 28 (3):224-7.
• N. Malhotra • S. Gupta • A. Agarwal • Tripathi V • K. K. Roy • S. Kumar Peritoneal fluid interleukin (IL-8) in patients with endometriosis - Is there a co-relation with severity or symptoms of disease?Fertility and Sterility 09/(2007); 88. S213 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.07.725
• N. Malhotra • Tripathi V• K. K. Roy • S. Kumar • D. Karmakar: Peritoneal fluid leptin in patients with endometriosis – is there a co-relation with severity or symptoms of disease?Fertility and Sterility 09/ (2008); 90.S145.P-106.
• Tripathi V, Verma, R., Dinda, A., Kaur, J., Luthra, K. RDC1/CXCR7 Expression in Human Choriocarcinoma Cell JEG-3 .Int. Jr. Cur. Chem. (2010).1(2):95-100
• Tripathi V, VermaR, Dinda A, Malhotra N, Kaur J, Luthra K, Differential Expression of RDC1/CXCR7 in the Human Placenta, Jr. Clinical Immunology. (2009). 29 (3):379-86. (First report)
• Baweja RB, Zaman MS, Mattoo AR, Sharma K, Tripathi V, Aggarwal A, Dubey GP, Kurupati RK, Ganguli M, Chaudhury NK, Sen S, Das TK, Gade WN, Singh Y. Properties of Bacillus anthracis spores prepared under various environmental conditions, Arch Microbiol, (2008) 189:71–79.
Book chapters: • Amaresh Mishra, Nisha Nair, Amit K. Yadav, Pratima Solanki, Jaseela Majeed and Vishwas Tripathi (June 9th 2021). Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Origin, Impact, and Drug Development [Online First], IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.98358. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/online-first/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-origin-impact-and-drug-development. • Tripathi V, Mishra A, Pathak Y, Jain A, Prakash H. Pathogenic Role of iNOs+ M1 Effector Macrophages in Fibromyalgia. Macrophages. 2021 Feb 24:73.DOI:10.5772/intechopen. 94492, Print ISBN: 978-1-78923-887-7. • Mishra A, Pathak Y, Kumar R, Kumar A, Kirti S. Research Trends in Medical Sciences. AkiNik Publications, 2020. Chapter 2: MDA-7/IL-24: A Promising Cytokine in Cancer Therapy; p. 13-27.
PAPERS UNDER COMMUNICATION: 07
CONFERENCE PROCEDDINGS/ABSTRACTS PUBLISHED/SYMPOSIA/WORKSHOP ATTENDED:
• Srishti Jha, VishwasTripathi, Abdul Arif Khan, Mohd. Tashfeen Ashraf. Engineering Nanoparticles for Enhanced Production of Algal Biofuels: AReview. NanofIM 2017,pp (181-184). • Kumar A, Chaudhary R, Singh S, Urooj S, Tripathi V, Ram S. Applications of Nanomaterials as therapeutic agents for the diagnosis and prognosis of Alzheimer's disease. Nov, IEEE Xplore-NANOFIM, 2017 pp (177-180).
• Abstract published on Synergistic effect of Piperine and Cisplatin on Head and neck cancer cells, VishwasTripathi, Nikhil Khurana, Rajvardhan Singh, Anjana Singh and UpendraSarswatinInternational symposium on “ Role of Herbals in cancer prevention and treatment” at School of Life Sciences, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, 9-10 Feb, 2016 New Delhi. Organized by CRCA, Delhi, ICPO, Noida, UCD, USA,UOHSC,USA and UPCI,USA.
• Abstract published in Global Cancer Conference summit, 15-17th Sep, 2014 Hyderabad, India (International conference)Title-“Trans –ferrulic acid induces down-regulation of BCL2 and up-regulation of BAD and Tp53 genes in smokeless tobacco induced human head and neck cancer cells”, VishwasTripathi, Rajvardhan Singh, Nikhil Khurana and Anjana Singh.
• Abstract published as “Differential expression of CXCR7 in the Human Placenta”, VishwasTripathi, RomshaVerma, Amit Dinda, Neena Malhotra, Jagdeep Kaur, KalpanaLuthra “International congress on Bio-immunoregulatory mechanisms associated with reproductive organs: relevance in fertility and in sexually transmitted infections” at National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi,9th -13th February,2009.
• Abstract published as peritoneal fluid interleukin (IL-8) in patients with endometriosis: Is there a correlation with severity or symptoms of disease? Neena Malhotra, Sajal Gupta, Ashok Agarwal, VishwasTripathi, Kallol K Roy, Sunesh Kumar, 63rd Annual Meeting, Washington, DC October 13-17, 2007, American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
• Abstract published on World AIDS Day-China, 2006, (International conference) Title-“Host genetics and HIV-1 resistance”, KalpanaLuthra, RomshaVerma, Omkarchodhary, VishwasTripathi, KavitaRajsekhar, Rama Bhasin, Naveet Wig, B.M. Tripathi.
• Abstract published in” International Conference on Opportunistic Pathogens in AIDS (ICOPA) and 3rd National Conference of Laboratory Medicine (LABCON-3)" title-“SDF-1 polymorphism and HIV-1 resistance”, AlokChodhary, RomshaVerma, VishwasTripathi, Omkarchodhary, 27th - 29th March, 2006 at All India institute of medical sciences, New Delhi.
SYMPOSIA/WORKSHOP/FDP ATTENDED/PARTICIPATED AS INVITED SPEAKER/ ORGANISED:
• Delivered invited talk on Therapeutic options in targeting COVID-19 pandemic organised by COVID-19 series by IQAC cell of ABESEC, AKTU on 13.07.2020 • Delivered invited talk on Water Pollution by Microplastics and its Adverse Effect on Human Health National Conference on Water SustainabilityConservation, Policy, Ethics and Science organised by Zakir Hussain College, Delhi University on 21-22 Jan,2020 • Delivered invited talk on “CXCL12-CXCR7 axis in the human placenta possible implications in gestational diabetes” organised by Indian association of clinical medicine from 15-17 Nov,2019 at GBU Gr. Noida • Participation as guest speaker at CME cum workshop “Advanced molecular Techniques in Medical Diagnostics” organized by Department of Biochemistry, Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida on April 22nd& 23rd, 2019. • Delivered a talk on “Application of Big data in cancer therapy” in One week faculty development programme on Big Data analytics from 4thfeb- 9th feb,2019) at School of Information and communication technology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida. • Participation in Faculty development programme on “Approaches for in silico drug designing”organized by Department of Biotechnology, IILM academy of Higher learning, College of Engineering and Technology, from 3rd to 7th July,2018 • Participation in CME cum workshop “Recent updates in mind body and medicine” organized by Department of physiology, Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida on 20th Nov, 2018. • Participation in National workshop on “Computation for Biomedicine and Healthcare” oragnized by IIIT, Delhi from 10th-14th Dec,2018. • Participation in two weeks workshop on research methodology and statistical analysis, organized by School of Management, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida from 22nd Oct to 3rd Nov,2018. • Participation in AICTE recognized short term course on Data Science using R through ICT conducted by computer science and engineering Department from 26.11.18 to 30.11.18 at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida. • Participation in Short Term Course on “Artificial Intelligence in Engineering Applications (AIEA-2016)” during December 26 – 30, 2016 at NSIT, New Delhi. • Participation in the 2nd International conference (ICIAHP,2016) of Indian academy of Health Psychology,16-18th Dec,2016 at GBU, Greater Noida • Participation in11th National Conference of the Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group India, Feb,20-21,2016, J W Marriot Hotel, New Delhi. • Participation in 21st Technology Summit & Expo, 2015, Smart Technologies for sustainable growth (Country partner-republic of Korea), 17th-18th Dec, 2015, The Hotel Lalit, New Delhi. Organised by CII and DST Govt of India. • Workshop on Advanced Flow cytometry,11th-12th sep,2014 at BD-JH FACS Academy at JamiaHamdard University, New Delhi sponsored by BD Biosciences. • Participation in India-France Technology Summit 2013, 23rd- 24th October 2013 at the Lalit Hotel in New Delhi organized by CII and DST Govt of India. • Participation in Seminar on Proteomics organized by School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida on 17th April 2012. • Participation in Workshop on Enhancing Emotional Competencies: Overcoming Stress, organized by School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida on14th-15th July 2011. • National conference on Immunology, “33rd annual conference of the Indian immunology society, IMMCON-2007”, 28th-31st January, 2007, at AIIMS, New Delhi. • International conference on “Traditional Indian medicine for HIV/AIDS”, 9th -10th September, 2006, New Delhi, organized by John Hopkins University, USA &ICMR, India. • National symposium on “Biotech 2004 challenges & opportunities”, 13th-15th October, 2004, New Delhi. • Participation in workshop on “Open Educational Resources and Wiki Educator”, sponsored by Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia, New Delhi, organized by school of Information and Communication Technology, Gautam Buddha University, Greter Noida, India on 9-11th june,2010.