VirtualMV/Web Development/Web Site Management/Management team/Content
In an organisation there will be people responsible for managing the web site. For a small site this may be assigned to one person, whereas n a large site there may be many people involved with quite specialised knowledge.
By the end of this page you will be able to:
An organisation should create an Website management team consisting of people representing key areas of your organisation. For many organisations this might include people from the following areas:
- operations/the front counter/shop floor
- information services/technology
The following is a possible agenda for the meetings of the e-business management team. Add and subtract items according to your circumstances.
- Report on actions arising from the previous meeting
- Outcomes this period – successes, benefits, costs
- Content update – additions, deletions, editing and quality issues
- Marketing and promotion – usage, feedback
- Resources report – budget, staff training, time
- Technology issues – speed, equipment
- Risk management review – new risks, security and legal issues
- Actions arising from this meeting