VirtualMV/Research in IT/Research Question
|Research in IT|
|Research Question||Research Question|
By the end of this section you will be able to:
The research question should be
- who, what, when, where or why
- and not structured so that there is a simple yes or no answer.
- It needs to solve a problem relevant to Information Technology, and needs to make a contribution to IT knowledge and practice.
The purpose of the research is stated after the problem.
- It supports the problem and clarifies the knowledge that will be generated for Information Technology. It needs to be stated objectively or in such a way that it does not reflect biases or values of the researcher.
- The significance of the research makes a statement about why the research is important and is outlined according to:
- Who has interest in this issue?
- What is already known?
- What has not been answered?
- How your study will contribute to practice?