VirtualMV/Digital Learning Technologies/Wiki/Moodle
|Digital Learning Technologies|
|Wiki||In Moodle/EITOnline | Examples ( WikiEducator : Wikipedia ) | virtualMVwiki(includes Superquick wiki guide) )|
The EIT Online (Moodle) Wiki
- What is it?
A wiki is a collection of collaboratively authored web documents. Basically, a wiki page is a web page everyone in your class can create together, right in the browser, without needing to know HTML. A wiki starts with one front page. Each author can add other pages to the wiki by simply creating a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. Wiki module
In Moodle (From Version 2) you have a choice of a collabrative wiki (which anyone can edit) or individual wiki (only you can edit).
: What is a wiki in Moodle?
- Notes on use
- Only one person can edit. Other participant is locked out so they don't overwrite. This means if someone stays on edit page no one else can edit.
- Adding multimedia can challenge participant's ICT skills
- How can they be used in EITOnline (Moodle)
- Organise groups
- Organise presentation times
- Organise student/topic lists
- Student collaboratively write article
- Students collaboratively answer a series of questions
- Self-assessment for online participation
Assessed Activity WS2.1 (2016) EIT Online wiki
In EITOnline add your blog link to Student names and links Wiki (Note this is only available for EIT Students)