VirtualMV/Digital Learning Technologies/DLT Skills
|Digital Learning Technologies|
|DLT Skills||Activity ( wiki/multimedia | blog/multimedia )|
Technology skills for teachers
In order to create Digital artifacts for teaching and learning teachers must have a variety of skills.
Skills include the ability to
- Create Word processing documents (e.g. Office, or cloud document editors like Google docs)
- Create Multimedia elements (images, audio, video)
- Combine media (in a web page, using a presentation tool)
Assessed Blog Activity 3.3 (2016) Skills for teachers.
1. Using (Kharbach, 2015) and one of the others listed (or one you have found), create a blog post that lists the IT skills desirable for teachers to develop courseware using DLT. In the post combine the skills and divide them into basic, intermediate and advanced skills.
Other references can be found (and added) on the source page.
Please add additional references you find to the list below...
- Andrade, D. (2012). 10 Technology Skills Every Educator Should Have. Retrieved from http://educationaltechnologyguy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/10-technology-skills-every-educator.html
- Bell, L. (Ed.) (2001). Preparing tomorrow's teachers to use technology: Perspectives of the leaders of twelve national education associations. Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/vol1/iss4/currentissues/general/article1.htm
- A bit of history,
- Davis, S.L. (2012), Making The Shift, The How of 21st C Teaching, Voices, Web Tools that deepen Learning, Retrieved from http://plpnetwork.com/2012/09/18/skills-21st-century-teacher/ (User:Kiwitaz 22:15, 10 March 2013 (EDT))
- Ford, M. D. (2010). 25 Tech Skills Every Teacher Should Possess. Instructional Technology @ WHS Retrieved from http://itwhs.blogspot.co.nz/p/25-tech-skills-every-teacher-should.html
- Turner, L. (2005) Technology Skills Every Educator Should Have. Retrieved from http://thejournal.com/articles/2005/06/01/20-technology-skills-every-educator-should-have.aspx
- Turner, L. (2010) Technology Skills that Every Educator Should Have. Digital Learning Environments, NewBay Media LLC. Retrieved from http://www.guide2digitallearning.com/tools_technologies/20_technology_skills_every_educator_should_have
Technology skills for learners
This does depend on the level of student. Obviously the skills needed by a pre-schooler will be significantly different from those of an IT Degree student. However, when developing course material it is important to consider the skill set of the students you expect to use the content. In the "old" days text books were often rated using a "reading" level scale.