Reworking the TQF
M&E as a cross-cutting issue (using focal points; interlocutors-VUSSC Focal Points. Develop ToRs)
- Standard setting‚ for what? for courses? legal foundations
- Prescriptive or flexible Framework? Comparability? Translating? Register?
- Disaster Mgt course‚ bootcamp approach
- Are outcomes explicit enough? Assessment arrangement? Transition to full qualification?
- Agreed there has to be criteria for Qualifications, and level discriptors
- Need for guidelines for standard setting, level discriptors, processes and procedures for dev of course. Awards
- Definition of qualification‚ Link to NQF/RQF
- Guidelines to be based on existing mechanisms
- Expand concept of bootcamp (to include experts)
- M&E should take place for standards
- Keep as is (policy breadth and scope).
- To involve providers and national mechanisms for QA
- Criteria for validating national bodies‚ through peer review mechanism?? Revisit
- Ensure criteria are available; processes acceptable
- Registering qualifications (criteria & process)
- Agree on quality indicators for TQF (relate to‚ executive power)
- In principle, concept acceptable
- Agreed - three dimensions needed; ability to handle admin details (COL)
- Managerial rotation of National Bodies‚ not a good idea
- Terms of reference for dealing with issues raised‚ defined by TQF secretariat, to countries for refinement and adoption (M&E)
- Relate to other QF entities
- Refine decision-making modalities
- Add two additional roles: external observers (UNESCO e.g.) and external evaluators (ensure all regions are represented)
- Need for Chairperson
- All meetings virtual? At least there should be one f2f meeting for greater effectiveness.
- Executive power issues needs closer review.
- Need for specialist steering committee
- Agreed to but definition needs modification (offered by an institution in the small states via the VUSSC portal to students in their own or other countries)
- Affordability; sustainability
- Yes, Yes, Yes.
- Agreed to 10 levels
- Move towards VUSSC‚Äôs Levels 1, 2, 3.
- Notional hours credit system OK