VUSSC/Samoa Boot Camp/Team leaders meeting/Day 2
Brief Minutes: Day 2
Morning Session: 9:00am - 12:30pm
Orientation to Project Management by Richard Nielson, Denrich Consulting
- Introduction of participants
- Power point presentation by Richard on ~
- Issues highlighted when working on projects:
- Task to be completed within a given timeframe - in this case write a course in the two weeks in Samoa
- Communication is a major and an important tool that will assist in getting the job done - everyone needs to be crystal clear on the task that lies ahead and what exactly is it that is to be accomplished..."when in doubt - ASK!"
- Scope of project: Level 100, 3 credit point introductory disaster management course - offered as an elective or school wide course that will run for a semester (assuming a semester is 15 teaching weeks)
- Resources for this project: Bootcamp participants, uploaded materials in basecamp, computers provided, support from COL, anything else???
- only 12 working days to come up with a finished product, and even more so, this is a course that must be ready to be offered in January 2008.
- different levels of computer skills
Afternoon Session: 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Applying Project Management to VUSSC workshop
- 1:30pm - 3pm:The group cut and paste, and did a bit of re-arranging of the curriculum topics that was produced in the brainstorming session in day 1,...to produce a 15 topic content that could be allocated between the diffrent groups in Samoa to work on.
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm:Formation of groups and allocation of topics to different groups , and development of plan by Richard to manage project.
- Groups for Samoa Workshop