VUSSC/Content/Tourism/Customer Care/Introduction to Unit 5
So far, we have moved from an understanding of customer service excellence to planning for of customer service excellence. You will recall the key elements that are crucial for delighting our customers. They were
- knowing our customers, their needs/requirements and expectations;
- knowing your organisation and the services provided;
- being familiar with the internal procedures, policies, statutory/legal obligations and conventions that govern the delivery of services.
We also emphasised the importance of planning in customer service excellence. This Unit looks at the delivery of service excellence. We will discuss the
- services offered;
- how they meet your customers’ requirements/needs and expectations;
- the different skills you need to develop and sharpen to surprise and delight your customers.