Read These Guidelines
We provide here step by step guidelines to prepare your chapters/ lessons/ units in self-learning format useful for distance learners. In this Workshop, you will receive face-to-face training on developing self-learning materials, and you are expected to be able to put the learning materials developed by you online in the WikiEducator site.
In this Workshop, we expect you to develop "Wiki Skills" as well, but the primary objective is the capacity building of the participants on developing self-learning materials. So, we suggest you to read the online guide Write 2 Teach in 3 Days and also focus on the training sessions during the face-to-face workshop.
In order to help you quickly develop self-learning materials on the WikiEducator platform, we have developed some templates and an automatic page creator that you will use. You are only expected to have the typing skills on a computer and some basic word processing skills. No programming or wiki knowledge are required.
- Type your self-learning material chapter on a word processor.
- Log on to WikiEducator through the Main_Page.
- Browse the Learning Templates and Learning Activity Templates.
- Check the Sample Unit.
- Go to Creating Your Chapter, and type the Title of the Chapter in the box give there. Click the "Create Your Chapter Here" button.
- A new page will open with the title beginning "Editing ..." and having a box that has some instructions.
- Read these and follow the instructions there to "cut" and "paste" materials from the chapter created by you in a word processor.
- Only in the "Sections" and "Sub-sections", you need to use Learning Activity Templates. This will be based on what are the different types of activities that you have included in your chapter.
- While using a Learning Activity Template, for example for SAQ, type
|SAQ=Type in your question here}} .
- Similarly you can use other Learning Activity Template. For this you need to consult the appropriate Template as given in point 8 above.
- Once you have typed your materials on to this box, click the "Show preview" button. This will show you how your chapter will look like.
- After you are satisfied with the look and feel, click the "Save page" button.
- Your chapter is now created.
List of Learning Templates (For Chapters)
List of Activity Templates
Creating your Chapter
You can create your Chapter by typing in the Title of chapter in the box given below. Remaining instructions are provided in the page that you will create. Best of luck.