Using Second Life - a guide for learners/Exercises - practising your skills/Explore an ideal birthing unit on Kowhai island.
An exercise that explores the birthing unit on Kowhai.
Teleport to Kowhai Island and work your way around this Treasure Hunt.
Create a new notecard and rename it to your real life name. You will use this card to record your answers to the questions below.
- View your facilitator's profile and name one of their interests.
- Take a photo of yourself in a new item of clothing and save to your desktop.
- What is the name of NMIT's other island in SL and in what direction does it lie from Kowhai (North, South, East, West)?
- What colour is the object (above the dance floor on Koru) that enables dancing?
- The design of the “the birth place” used birth unit design principles that were developed by researchers at what institutions?
- How many clinic rooms are there in the birth centre?
- How many couches are there in the seminar/meeting area?
- How many birth rooms does “the birth place” have?
- How many references are supplied for the information on water immersion for labour and birth?
- Name one object in the birth room that could be used to support a woman who is active and mobile in labour?
- What is the range of MJ used in energy by a labouring woman per hour?
- Are the drapes in the birth room able to be opened?
When you have written all the answers on your notecard, give your note card to your facilitator.