|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Why do templates break my table of contents???||5||07:12, 24 October 2014|
By including themselves as a heading and then messing up the nesting of all the subsequent headings? :( No one will probably read this but the search tool in WE rarely finds me anything useful, sigh.
Whoah! Thanks for the reply Jim. I wasn't expecting someone to find my talk thread on my page. :):)
On this page here, the case study template comes up on the ToC but not the example template: http://wikieducator.org/Albany_Senior_High_School/Impact_Projects/Proposal
There doesn't seem to be anything in the markup I can see which sets it one way or the other?
I had poked around last night and realized you meant the Pedagogical Templates, and noticed the Template:Example in particular. You've encountered a long standing bug in how those templates were built. I made a change to the Example template to prevent it from appearing in the table of contents by default, and it seemed to fix the problem for the pages I checked. I'll have to go through and change the other 25+ Pedagogical Templates. I've just done Template:Case study so the page you cited should look better.
You can still force a Pedagogical Template to appear in the table of contents by using the
TOCdepth=n parameter to each template (where n is the desired level in the ToC).
Thanks for the report.
Brilliant! Thanks Jim. I've just noticed the activity template does it too... :) Example below. http://wikieducator.org/Albany_Senior_High_School/Impact_Projects/The_Four_Principles
Love that script too btw,cheers!
By the way, for searching I find that Google Search tends to be more effective than the standard Mediawiki search. If you add the line: