User:Yunz05/A Quick Tour of the Digestive System
It starts in the mouth, continues in the stomach and small intestine and completed in the large intestine.
- The conversion of food into a form that can be absorbed by the body is called digestion.
- It describes how the body breaks down food and uses it for energy, cell repair and growth.
- The liver and pancreas add enzymes and juices that aid in this process.
- Carbohydrates are broken down to glucose.
- Proteins to amino acids.
- Fats to glycerol and fatty acids.