Today is: 26, February 2024
|World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India)
|Project Officer - Freshwater & Wetlands Programme, WWF-India
I completed my Bachelor's degree in Zoology from Gargi College (University of Delhi) followed by a Master's degree in Natural Resources Management from TERI University. After graduating from TERI, I have been working as a Project Officer with the Freshwater & Wetlands Programme at the World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India) since June 2007. The experience here has been one of a kind and has given me an opportunity to visit some of India's unique freshwater habitats such as the Ganges (in Bulandshahr district, Uttar Pradesh), the River Chambal, and lakes Tsomoriri and Tsokar in Ladakh.Given the immense scope of research in freshwater habitats in India, I plan to return to academics in a short while from now and focus on water science-related issues. In the long run, I would like to be associated with a research organization/ NGO and a University, so that I will have the opportunity to conduct field research (in water science) as well as communicate my research findings to students.
How I became a Wikieducator
Learning Resource I intend to develop
During my Master's coursework, I remember drawing stick figures and weaving a story around a few topics in the Biodiversity Conservation module. Frankly speaking, tackling exam questions pertaining to those topics was much easier. I even surprised myself by writing more than I intended to initially!
So, what I plan to do here in Wiki is to present environmental issues in the form of stories (with related illustrations/ pictures) that will be relevant to different age groups. For instance,
- younger students will get an idea about the issue by simply reading the story and referring to the definitions section,
- high school and college students can learn more about some topics by referring to the external links I will be inserting within the story as well as the reading section (which will include technical reports, research papers and online articles)
I would like to add that though the stories will be based on facts, the actual sequence of events and names of people and places mentioned will be fictitious.
This will involve plenty of reading and learning for me as well! So, happy reading, hope you find the stories interesting and as always I welcome your suggestions!
- If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.
- The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
- Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
Workshop L4C26 participants
Feedback and Notes from Wikineighbours
(: Welcome Yamini. Good Start.Gita Mathur 19:30, 1 May 2009 (UTC)) (: Dear Yamini. YOU ARE AMAZING AT GETTING INTO THIS. Click on the 'Discussion' button above, I am leaving a message which you can reply to. God Bless. --Gita Mathur 02:35, 2 May 2009 (UTC)) (: excellent work, Yamini. I'm looking forward to seeing you develop more content in the future. --Nellie Deutsch 07:13, 15 May 2009 (UTC))
- Click on the 'Edit' button above and start Typing content.
- Add more Topics and Sub topics using the syntax discussed in the workshop. Use the 'Cheat Sheet' for quick reference to WikiEducator Syntax.
WikiEducator News & Events
(: Join  in advance, to participate in the online live discussion. You may interact by typing as in chat or get a mic & headphones to talk and a webcam to be seen.--Gita Mathur 04:24, 7 May 2009 (UTC))
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.