User:Usha A Borkar
|Employer:||H.J.College Of Education|
|Languages:||English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Konkani|
- 1 My Profile
- 2 My profile
- 3 CURRICULUM VITAE
- 4 PAPERS PRESENTED AT SEMINARS / CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS:
- 5 [details provided according to the academic year]
- 6 About My Institution
- 7 Quiz on Biology
- 8 Quiz on Entomology
Hi!!! I am Assistant Professor at H.J. College of Education, Khar, Mumbai. I have been working as a teacher educator for last 13 years.
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='0_ru234aju' size='L' align='L'/>
I have done my graduation in Chemistry from Mithibai College , Vile Parle, Mumbai. I have done my B.Ed from HJCE and M.Ed from Department of Education, University of Mumbai, Kalina.I have completed my Ph.D from SNDT Women's University.I have also done Post Graduate Diploma in Education Management from NMIMS Deemed University,Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education from IGNOU. Currently I am pursuing Post Graduate Diploma In E-learning from STRIDE, IGNOU.
My researh work is on COOPERATIVE LEARNING. I have prepared a Training Package on Cooperative LEarning for training student teachers in the use of Cooperative Learning. The training package consists of 50 hours of training in which 26 hours are in face to face mode and 24 hours will outside classroom training.
I love reading.You will definately find a book in my bag. I also love dogs and it is my ardent desire to have a pet dog.
HJCE is affiliated to Univesity of Mumbai
Write something here
My Wiki Projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| Usha A Borkar 09:21, 26 February 2011 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Add note here
Usha Ashish Borkar
DATE OF BIRTH:
24th December, 1972
PRESENT DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor [Teacher Educator]
INSTITUTION: Gujarat Research Society’s
Hansraj Jivandas College Of Education,Dr.Madhuri Shah Campus,R.K.Mission Marg, Khar [West], Mumbai-400 052
RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS: B-5, Raj Crystal Royal Complex Eksar road, Borivali (west), Mumbai – 400 092
TELEPHONE: [R] 022-28951457,
E-mail: uaborkar@ gmail.com
|NAME:||Usha Ashish Borkar|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||24th December, 1972|
|DESIGNATION:||Lecturer [Teacher Educator]|
|INSTITUTION:||Hansraj Jivandas College Of Education,Dr.Madhuri Shah Campus,R.K.Mission Marg, Khar [West], Mumbai-400 052|
|RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS:||B-5, Raj Crystal Royal Complex Eksar road, Borivali (west), Mumbai – 400 092|
|TELEPHONE:|| * [R] 022-28951457,
|LANGUAGES KNOWN:|| * English, Hindi, Marathi,Konkani and Gujarati [Spoken]
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
|=== Degree/Diploma ===||=== University ===||=== Subject ===||=== Month & Year ===|| === Class obtained ===
|| * Chemistry
|| * Education
|| * Education
|| * Educational
- Received “The Principal K.M. Kundnani Gold Medal” for standing First in University Of Mumbai, at the M.Ed examinations, May 1997
- Received “The Shri H.M.Nagrani Prize” of Rs 750/- for standing First in University Of Mumbai, at the M.Ed examinations, May 1997
- Cleared UGC NET Exams in December 1999.
- Completed Master Trainers Course Organized by Intel Teach to the Future program from 6th November 2000 to 1st December 2000.
- Cleared PAT ( Maharashtra State Ph.D Aptitude Test Eligibility) in February 2005.
- Received recognition as teacher of the University of Mumbai for the M.Ed degree in Education by Papers with effect from 27th April 2007.
- Currently registered for PH.D with Department Of Education, SNDT Women’s University.
- Currently pursuing certificate course in Web Designing
PROFESIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
|Asst.Teacher|| ST. Thomas High School, Dahisar,
| June1994- May 1995
| * Std V
|| * Mathematics
|Asst.Teacher||Arya Vidya Mandir, (ICSE),Bandra, Mumbai|| June 1997-October1997
| * Std V,
|| * English
|Lecturer [Teacher Educator]||Hansraj Jivandas College Of Education, Khar, Mumbai||November 1997 Till Date(10 years and 10 months)|| * B.Ed
|| * Educational
(Currently Teaching these Papers)
EXPERIENCE OF TEACHING SUBJECTS AT B.ED LEVEL:
|Educational Philosophy|| |
|Educational Psychology|| |
|Educational Evaluation|| |
|Action Research|| |
|Environmental Education|| |
|Guidance and Counseling|| |
|Mathematics Method|| |
|Science Method|| |
|Computer Training Program|| |
EXPERIENCE OF TEACHING SUBJECTS AT M.ED LEVEL:
|Educational Technology|| |
EXPERIENCE OF TEACHING SUBJECTS AT E.C.C.E LEVEL:
|Child Development|| |
PORTFOLIO HELD IN COLLEGE:
|Timetable|| * Regular planning and execution of academic activities.
|| * 11years
|Examination|| * Senior Supervisor at B.Ed University exams
|| * 3 years
|Examination|| * Conduction of regular college examinations.
|| * 7 years
|Consolidation of Marks|| * Organization of regular feedback of performance by the Principal
|| * 11 years
|Placements|| * Coordination with School Principals
|| * 9years
|Student Council|| * Conducting of student council Elections
|| * 5 years
|Computer Classes|| * Allocation of pupils to computer batches as per their knowledge of computers
|| * 8 years
|Workshops and Guest Lectures|| * Organization and conduction of workshops/talks by resource persons and guest speakers
|| * 8 years
|Study material /College Publication|| * Compilation of study material
|| * 3 years
|Discipline|| * Regular maintaining of discipline among student teachers
|| * 9years
|Student Grievances|| * Appropriate addressal of student problems
|| * 5 years
- Taught at B.Ed (Part Time)along with B.Ed (Full Time) from November 1997 to March 2000
- Conducted Intel Teach to the Future training program for a group of 20 student teachers for which the college was awarded Rs 10,000 and 10 copies of Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia and a copy of Microsoft Office 2000 Professional with licenses for 10 systems by Intel Innovation In Education, India; July 2001
- Completed 19 days residential Orientation programme for teacher Educators conducted Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, Department of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Govt of India;9th April 2002 to 27th April 2002 at Mount Abu for which the college was awarded Educational Kit worth Rs 20,000 consisting of guide books, coloured slides, slide projector, cassette tapes, tape recorder, charts, folios and screen.
- Member of Steering Committee for preparation of Self Appraisal Report for purpose of NAAC accreditation and Assessment; 2002-2003
- Preparation of ERNET Proposal for UGC and college received a grant of Rs.50,000; 2002
- Coordinator for the NAAC committee;16th ,17th, & 18th September 2003
- Programme Coordinator for “Good Health Week”; 18th December to 23rd December 2004.
- Programme coordinator for SALSEP (School Education and Life Skills Education Programme) training programme in collaboration with UNICEF and NACO [National Aids Control Organisation]at Hansraj Jivandas College of Education, from 17th October ,2005 to 20th October 2005
- Coordinator for UGC sponsored Western Regional Seminar ‘Human Rights Education Awareness and Attitude’;19th & 20th February 2007
- Assigned the responsibility of overlooking the academic functioning of the college during the absence of the Principal due to medical reasons for a period of twenty days from 4th January 2007, a period of one week from 19th November 2007 to 23rd November 2007 and a period of one week from 25 th February 2008.
- Annual Organization of Computer Training Programme for student teachers at Nehru Science Center, Worli, Mumbai since 6years
- Member of Admission committee for 9years
- Member of LMC for 5years.
- Member of Library Committee for 9years.
- Regular scouting of library resources to enhance the college library.
- Correspondence and follow up with NAAC and UGC.
- Preparation and Presentation of UGC Xth Plan
- Member of committee for preparation of UGC XIth plan
- Preparation of self assessment form which is used for student evaluation of teacher educators.
- Preparation of self assessment/appraisal form which is used for self evaluation of teacher educators(Academic Audit of Teachers)
EXAMINER/ PAPER SETTER/ MODERATOR:
- Examiner for B.Ed examination for the subjects of Educational Psychology, Educational Evaluation, Environmental Education, Action Research, Guidance and Counselling, Science and Mathematics from 2002 onwards.
- Paper setter and Evaluator for B.Ed examination for Subjects: School Management and Educational Evaluation, Communication Modes and Educational Technology, Environmental Education and Guidance and Councelling for Padmashree Dr.D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Deemed University, April 2006
- Paper setter, Examiner and Moderator for M.A. [Education] Part I, Institute of Distance Education, University of Mumbai for Paper III: Educational Psychology. and Paper IV : Educational Evaluation respectively ,April 2007
- Paper setter, Examiner and Moderator for Paper IV :Subject Proficiency for F.Y.D.Ed and S.Y.D.Ed [Diploma in Integrated Education] for S.N.D.T. Women’s University since 2005
- Paper setter and Examiner for Paper II : Child Development for Diploma in Early Childhood Care Education examination of University of Mumbai; April 2007
- Member of Grievance Redressal Commitee for M.A. [Education] Part I, Institute of Distance Education, University of Mumbai, October 2007
SYLLABUS REVISION COMMITTEE:
M.Ed: Member of sub committee of syllabus revision for Paper: Educational Technology, January 2008
M.A [Education]: Member of sub committee of syllabus revision for Paper: Educational Technology, for Department of Education, University Of Mumbai; September 2008
B.Ed: Member of sub committee of syllabus revision for Paper II/ Section I: Educational Psychology, Paper IV/ Section II: Action Research, Paper V: Mathematics; for University Of Mumbai; February 2008
B.Ed: Member of sub committee of syllabus revision for Paper IV/Section II: Computer Education, Paper V: Mathematics, for University Of Mumbai; June-August 2002
B.A [Education]: Member of sub committee of syllabus revision for Paper VI Educational Evaluation for TYBA degree course in education for University Of Mumbai; January 2003
PAPERS PRESENTED AT SEMINARS / CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS:
[details provided according to the academic year]
|1998-1999||‘Educating for a Better World”||‘Environment Education for Sustainable Living’||One day seminar on 16th September 1998||World Education Fellowship (WEF), Indian Section Gujarat Research Society, Khar, Mumbai|
|1999-2000||National conference on ‘Academic Excellence in Higher Education’||‘ Accountability in Teacher Education’||Three days conference on 28th December –30th December 1999||Department of Education, University of Mumbai|
|Seminar on Environmental Education||‘The Approach of Academic Institutions towards Environmental Education through outbound programmes’||One day seminar on 23rd April 2000||Trail Blazers and Conservation Trust, Orchid Hotel, Vile Parle (E)|
||Seminar on ‘Entrepreneurship In Education’||‘Entrepreneurship in Education: Prospects and Challenges’||Two days seminar on 7th & 8th February 2002||Department of Education, University of Mumbai|
|State Level UGC sponsored Seminar on “ The Challenges Before Higher Education in the 21st Century”||Challenges Before Teacher Education Institutions’||Two days seminar on 23rd and 24th September 2002|| Prahladrai Dalmia Lions College of Commerce and Economics, Malad, Mumbai
|2002-2003||National Conference on ‘Assessment and Accreditation of Teacher Education Institutions-A developmental Process”||‘Student Teacher’s Course Perception-Expectation Match–A Consumer Perspective in Quality Teacher Education’||Two days Conference on 22nd -23rd December, 2002.||NAAC and University of Pune|
|UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Teacher Education and Challenges of Change’||‘Customer Orientation in Teacher Education’||Two days seminar on 17thand 18th January 2003||St. Xavier’s Institute of Education, Mumbai|
|2004-2005||National Seminar on GATS- Impact India [Focus on Education Sector]||Impact of GATS on Teacher Education’||Two days seminar on 6th and 7th December 2004||Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, Pune|
|State Level UGC sponsored seminar on ‘Values- A Multidisciplinary Perspective’||Value Management in Different Professions’||Two days seminar on 11th and 12th February 2005|| St. Xavier’s Institute of Education,
|2004-2005||Regional Seminar “Challenges Before College Teachers in the 21st Century”||‘Innovative strategies in H.J.College of Education’||One day seminar on 26th February 2005|| N.G. Acharya & D.K. Marathe College, Chembur,
|NAAC-NCTE sponsored Seminar on “ Quality, Concerns and Issues, Best Practices in Teacher Education and Post Accreditation Strategies||‘Improving Teacher Evaluation to Improve Teaching Quality’||
|State Level NAAC Level Seminar on “Frontiers and Challenges in Quality Education”||“Value Based teachers’ for Sustainability of Quality in Education”||Two days on 26th and 27th April 2005||S.V.T. College of Home Science, S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Juhu, Mumbai|
|2005-2006||National Conference 2006 Globalization-Psycho-Social Perspective||‘Lessons for Life’||Two days seminar 23rd and 24th January 2006||The Bombay Psychological Association Trust, Mumbai|
|State Level Seminar on ‘Four Pillars of Education”||‘Creating Value Based Teachers through Mythology’||Two days seminar on 4th and 5th March, 2006||SNDT College of Education for Women, Pune|
||World Education Fellowship (WEF) – 43rd International Conference – “Education For Full Humanity In a Technological and E- Learning Society”||Published Paper in conference proceedings on “Creating Supportive learning Environment through Cooperative Learning”||Four days conference on 28th August, 2006 to 1st September, 2006||World Education Fellowship, Sophia, Bulgaria|
|XII – IDEA International Conference||‘Technology supported and computer mediated collaborative learning’||Two days conference on 24th to 26th November, 2006||Institute of Distance Education, University of Mumbai;|
|National Seminar on Excellence in Teacher Education||‘Achieving Excellence in teaching by creating supportive learning environment through co-operative learning’|| Three days seminar on 16th to 18th January, 2007.
||Department of Education, University of Mumbai|
[details provided according to the academic year]
|1999-2000||Seminar- Cum- Workshop on ‘Fostering Scientific Temper-The Spirit of Education’||Two days seminar on 5th to 7th January 2000||Smt. Kapila Khandvala College of Education,Santacruz, Mumbai|
|2000-2001||Workshop on“ Quality Assurance In Teacher Education”||Two day workshop on19th and 20th March 2001.||Department of Education, University of Mumbai|
|Teacher training workshop on Environment Education and effective management of Conservation Club/Nature club||One day on 23rd April 2001||Conservation Trust,at Mahim Nature Park, Mumbai|
|2001-2002||Seminar- Cum- Workshop on ‘Development Education-Widening Perspectives- A Development Education Approach’||Two days from10th to 12th Jan 2002||Smt. Kapila Khandvala College of Education,Santacruz, Mumbai|
|Residential seminar on “ Using IT creatively in English Language Classroom”||Twelve days from 18th to 29th January 2002||British Council for The Hornby Educational Trust at Regional Institute of English ,South India, Banglore|
|Residential Orientation for Teacher Educators||Nineteen days from 9th April 2002 to 27th April 2002||Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, Department of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Govt of India; Mount Abu, Rajasthan|
|2002-2003||Workshop on ‘NAAC-Quality Assurance and Excellence In Education||One day on17th August 2002||Ghanshamdas Saraf Girl’s College,Malad, Mumbai|
|Training programme on “ Participatory Training Methodology: A training Of Trainers Workshop”||Four days from 22nd October 2002 to 25 October 2002||Department of Extra Mural Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai|
|2003-2004||Workshop on “Evaluation of Overall Development of School Students”||One day on 29th June 2003||Ramkrishna Math, Mumbai|
|2004-2005||State Level workshop on ‘Research Methodology’||Two day from 20th October to 21st October 2004||K.P.B. Hinduja College of Commerce, Mumbai|
|Workshop on ‘‘Research Methology in Social Sciences||Four days from 28th to 31st March 2005||Indian Council of Social Sciences,Mumbai|
|2005-2006||Workshop on “The 21st Century Teacher”||One day on 20th August ,2005||Ramkrishna Math, Khar, Mumbai|
|Certificate Course on Soft Skill Development “Improving Interpersonal Relationships for success in Personal and Professional Life”||One day8th January, 2006||Ramkrishna Math,Khar, Mumbai|
|2006-2007||Workshop on “A Revision of Bloom’s Taxonomy of Objectives”||Half Day on 9th September,2006||Department of Educational Technology, S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Juhu, Mumbai;|
|State level workshop on “Empathy – The Bond Basic Counselling Skills for Teachers”||Two days1st and 2nd December 2006|| S.K. Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai;
|UGC sponsored State Level Seminar-cum- Symposium on “Inclusive Education: Building Bridges For An Inclusive World”||Two days from 15th and 16th March, 2007||St. Xavier’s Institute of Education, Mumbai|
|2007-2008||Workshop on “From Teaching to Enabling Assimilation”||One day on 30th August 2008||Ramkrishna Math, Khar, Mumbai|
ORIENTATION /REFRESHER COURSES:
- Orientation Programme organized by Academic Staff College, Mumbai, from 3rd September to 4th October 2001
- UGC sponsored Refresher course titled “ Research in Education: An Interdisciplinary Perspective.” organized by Department of Education –University of Mumbai for Academic Staff College, Mumbai; from 29th September to 19th October 2006
- Resource Person for conducting workshop on “Time Management” for M.Ed students of Department Of Education, University of Mumbai on
- Resource person in I a Numerical and Paper III b Guidance and Counselling for Preparatory classes for the NET and SET examination in Education conducted by Department of Education, Kalina, University of Mumbai; 18th November and 17th December 2000
- Resource person for Teacher Training Programme of North zone Urdu Medium schools on 24th November and 27th November 2004 on topics ‘Time Management’ and ‘Motivation’
- Resource person for conducting one day workshop on “ Embarking on a Successful Venture” as part of Staff Development[Junior and Degree college lecturers] Programme of Royal College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai; on 18th April 2006
- Resource Person for Conducting Workshop on “ Cooperative Learning Strategies” for M.Ed students of Department Of Education, S.N.D.T. Women’s University on 27th March 2007
- Resource Person for Conducting Workshop on “ Constructivist Teaching” for Degree college lecturers of affiliated departments and colleges of S.N.D.T. Women’s University organized by Department Of Education on 1st and 2nd February 2008.
- M.Ed, Department of Education, University of Mumbai, Paper : Educational Technology
- M.A. [Education] , Institute of Distance Education ,University of Mumbai for Paper IV : Educational Evaluation and Paper III : Educational Psychology.
- Early Childhood Care and Education Teachers Training Programme, conducted by Gujarat Research Society [Parent Body]; Paper II: Child Development.
- B.Ed [Spl.Edu] ,Centre For Special Education ,SNDT Women’s University for Auxiliary paper: Teaching Of Science and Mathematics
WORKSHOPS CONDUCTED AT COLLEGE LEVEL:
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Empowering Yourself
- Motivating Yourself and Others
- Cooperative Learning Strategies
- Environmental Education Through Mythology
COURSE WRITER AND CONTENT DEVELOPMENT:
- Preparation of study material for FYBA[Education] Paper I : Education and Society, Institute of Distance Education ,University of Mumbai; 2005 FYBA
- Preparation of study material for TYBA[Education] Paper IV : Educational Evaluation Institute of Distance Education ,University of Mumbai; 2005
- Preparation of study material for M.A. [Education] Part -I, Paper IV : Educational Evaluation Institute of Distance Education ,University of Mumbai; 2006
- Curriculum and Content development of ICT [Information and Communication Technology] for YCMOU [Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University],2007
- Developed curriculum and course content for Paper ‘e-learning specialist’, e-B.Ed for I-Consent [Indian Consortium For Educational Transformation] in collaboration with YCMOU,2007-2008
- Research article titled Student Teacher’s Course Perception-Expectation Match–A Consumer Perspective in Quality Teacher Education in Journal of NAAc-NCTE Assessment and Accreditation of Teacher Education Institutions- A development –oriented Process, February 2003
RESEARCH PAPERS/POSTER PRESENTED AND PUBLISHED:
- Research paper reading session on research work titled “A study of course perception-expectation match and work commitment of student teachers enrolled for the B.Ed degree course of University of Mumbai”; Department of Education, University of Mumbai; 3rd January, 1998.
- Research paper reading session on research work titled “A study of the Teacher Effectiveness of the secondary School Teachers in relation to the skills imparted in the B.Ed Degree course of University of Mumbai”; Department of Education, University of Mumbai; 20th October 2005.
- Poster presented on Research project titled “A study of the Teacher Effectiveness of the secondary School Teachers in relation to the skills imparted in the B.Ed Degree course of University of Mumbai”; at Seminar on Research Activities, Kalina Campus , University of Mumbai; 28th September 2005
- Poster presented on Research project titled “A study of Professionalism of Teacher Educators of Mumbai region”; at Seminar on Research Activities, Kalina Campus , University of Mumbai; 28th September 2005
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN:
- Chief Investigator for “ A study of the Teacher Effectiveness of the secondary School Teachers in relation to the skills imparted in the B.Ed Degree course of University of Mumbai”; Research project, University of Mumbai, Received a grant of Rs.10,000; 2004-2005
- Chief Investigator for “A study of Innovative strategies in teaching Environmental Education and developing scientific approach in secondary school students”; Research project, University of Mumbai, Received a grant of Rs.9,000; 2005-2006
- Co-investigator for “ A study of Professionalism of Teacher Educators of Mumbai region”; Research project, University of Mumbai, Received a grant of Rs.9,000; 2004-2005
- Co-investigator for “ A Study of the impact of teaching of coaching classes on the secondary school students and teachers of Mumbai region” Research project, University of Mumbai, Received a grant of Rs.9,000; 2006-2007
- Co-investigator for ‘A study of the effectiveness of Computer Assisted Instruction for the Teaching of Mathematics and Teaching of Geography for the 8th Standard students of Greater Mumbai’; Minor Research project, UGC, Western Regional Office, Pune Research project, University of Mumbai Received a grant of Rs.27,000; 2005-2006;November2006-2008
- Chief Investigator for Institutional project “ A comparative study of the Primary Stage [Std I-VIII] Mathematics texbooks of CBSE,ICSE and Maharashtra State” ; Bal Bharati-Maharashtra Text Book Commmitee and Curriculum Research ,Pune; 2006-2008
RESEARCH PROJECTS GUIDED:
- Guided research project titled “A Study of Effectiveness of Environmental Education in Secondary Schools of Greater Mumbai” by Ms.Nalini Shetty for M.Sc examination in Ecology and Environment conducted at New Delhi Extension Campus of Sikkim Manipal University.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE DEVEELOPMENT OF TEACHING METHODOLOGIES PRACTICED IN THE COLLEGE:
- Developed instructional strategy, lesson plan and rating scale for “Think –Pair-Share” technique of Cooperative Learning Strategy.
- Developed instructional strategy, lesson plan and rating scale “Infusion of Lessons for Life” technique based on life skills.
- Developed instructional strategy, lesson plan and rating scale for Workshop/Seminar methodology.
- Developed instructional strategy, lesson plan and rating scale for “Designing Instruction around Multiple Intelligence Theory”
About My Institution
HJCE is a pioneer teacher education institute which has recently been accreditated with Grade A by NAAC. Being an alumni of the same institute makes me feel very proud of this achievement. NAAC is National Assessment and Accreditation Council which is an autonomous body which is involved in accreditating institutions all over the country.