- Alfred Noble got rich on his invention of dynamite and then later a the Noble Peace Prize was instituted as a yearly award. What is the irony here?
- Explain the relationship between Militarism and Social Darwinism? Describe the relationship between Social Darwinism and the scientific ideas of Darwin?
- Explain the powder keg metaphor as it relates to the start of WWI
- Tell the story from the events in Serbia to the involvement of all of Europe in war. How did the all of Europe get involved?
- Explain the 3 reasons the textbook gives for the entry of the U.S. into the conflict.
- What is propaganda? What is censorship? How were they used in the war effort?
- Define reparations and armistice and explain their use in describing the end of WW1?
- Treaties are supposed to be agreements. Explain why the Versailles Treaty is viewed by historians as not really an agreement?